Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,244   Online: 952

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    outwest: thanks for the assurance on shorter lenses.
    ic-racer: thanks (or should I say "merci"); I will try to resurrect my French reading skills
    djhopscotch: downloaded the brochure, unfortunately, I do not have a colour head so must use filters; should still be workable
    ole: thanks for the information on lens length; will read the manuals and start the search for other lenses
    gordrob: thanks for the link to the manuals; not sure about tackling servicing, I have limited manual skills
    curt: I really appreciate your starting this thread; hope to get at using the machine this weekend.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a newer 180 Componon S on my 138S with 5x7 with no problems. The Componon S has a threaded back mount so it mounts on a flat board. I also use the 105 EL Nikkor and a Fujinon EX 135. Great enlarger!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just received a link from another APUGGER for the manual. http://www.jensen-optical.us/PDF_FIL...0%20Manual.pdfreally don't know how to enter the link properly; hope that it works.
    Now looking for parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the Schneider Componon 180mm mounted on a disk and installed on the turret of the enlarger and it fully covers from 1:1 up to the size of the enlarger table. It is sharp and bright, I haven't tested the El Nikkor 150mm yet to see if it will cover 5x7 but will probably put it on a disk and use it for 4x5 negatives on this enlarger. It doesn't have motor drive like the Beseler 45 but it's solid, well built, and a pleasure to use. I'm grateful I have room for it in my darkroom.

My order of Kodak 5x7 film came today so I'm ready to go again. Brian I think you will like your enlarger a lot, I'm using a Zipper negative carrier that has a frame that stretches the film, in a way like the Beseler Negaflat, I initially was going to use a Kodak double glass negative carrier but this one came along so I am pleased to eliminate the glass. Some people use glass and like them but I don't have a class "A" clean room and eliminating the four surfaces from the two sheets of glass is one less problem to deal with.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin