Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,718   Posts: 1,514,837   Online: 944

Shooter
    35mm

Omega D2 Instruction Manual

Could anybody send me a copy of "Instructions for Setting-up and Operating the Simmon Omega D2 and D-2V (4 x 5 Manual Focusing Enlargers)"?

I have a PDF file of Omega & Super Chromega D2 Enlargers Instruction Manual.

Thank you very much.

Obede
    Brazil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a "Technical Service Manual" that addresses alignment and adjustments. If you want a copy, PM me with your email address.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi

I got the "Technical Service Manual".
    Thank you very much.

I'm waiting for "Instructions for Setting-up and Operating the Simmon Omega D2 and D-2V (4 x 5 Manual Focusing Enlargers)"

Obede
    Brazil

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just happened to run across this thread while looking for something else. I may have a tip that you will find useful. Even though I have a 45V-XL enlarger, I almost always use my venerable D2. Actually, that's because I made a filter drawer for it and I don't want to use below-the-lens contrast filters.

Anyway, your enlarger is very easy to align. I use a laser alignment tool that I wouldn't think of doing without. You adust the negative stage with the four screws that you will see holding that stage in place. But here's my tip: If you cut a ring of foam rubber (the stuff mouse pads are made out of is perfect), and put it between the lens mounting ring and the cone, you can then easily adust the lens alignment. I use four thumbscrews in place of the regular screws that hold it on. That way, I can just reach up and twist them till the lens alignment is perfect.

If you should bet a laser alignment tool, what you do is this:

1) Place one of the thin glass slides that come with the tool in the negative carrier. Then place the tool on your easel and turn it on. A laser beam will bounce off the slide and back onto the tool. Loosen the screws for the lens stage and adjust it till the red dot of the laser comes right back into the hole from which it is emitted. Now your negative stage is aligned with the easel. Now, attach one of the small glass slides (also furnished with the tool) to the front of the lens. I use three of those little elastic hair bands linked together to do this. The center loop goes over the lens. The two end loops hold the slide to the face of the lens. Then turn on the alignment tool and the light will again bounce of the slide. Adjust the lens plane till the reflected dot falls hits the point that the beam comes out of the tool again and all three critical planes of your D2 are aligned. It takes less time to do it that it took me to explain it here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Zone...what type of laser alignment tool are you refering to in the description above.

Thank you...a

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin