I recently picked up a Jobo 1520 and an extra plastic reel (I hate plastic reels and I may switch to the SS reel for Jobo tanks, we'll see) to replace my horrific Paterson tank (newer style still leaks!!!) and the 3 reels I own for it (the two newest reels won't even walk the film into it and jam half-way through even when totally bone dry).

My film of choice for most low-light casual stuff is Fuji Neopan 1600 (exposed at 1600), the developer I use is DD-X. Its a great combo. The development time is 5:30, just enough to get even development.

Ilford says at least 60ml per roll of 135 film. Fine, I can deal with that if we're developing 1 roll of film. I'll just do the standard 1+4 dilution of 60/240. However when doing two rolls I would need 120/480. This however, isn't possible as the total dilution becomes 600ml, the Jobo 1520 from what I've read only takes a maximum of 500ml of chemicals. This means the dilution becomes roughly 1+3ish.

The bummer of a deal here is that development times (maybe I'm smoking something and not getting the maths right here) would need to be shorter since we're using a more potent mixture. I'm not sure I can afford that when the development times are already extremely short.

What are your guys' thoughts on this one? What's the best way to go about the problem? Maybe make a carriage for it with a manual crank and do rotation inversion instead? Really a last resort but it is possible I suppose. (I'm not interested in spending bunches of money on a Jobo processor, no matter how much I really really really want one).

Thanks everyone!

PS: My original reference for most of what I know is from this thread. I didn't bump it as I figured that was likely against policy around here.
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...-1520-a-2.html