Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,431   Online: 1122

Shooter
    35mm

where to find variable contrast filters

My brother had loaned me his Beseler 23CII enlarger and what darkroom stuff he had including 1 variable contrast filters a 4 1/2, because he enjoys working with a DSLR and on his computer, plus in the loan he loaned me his canon EOS 3.

I like to know where can I find some variable contrast filters for this enlarger, the local camera shops doesn't carry to much darkroom stuff anymore because of digital camera's, and that the way they are going with DSLR's.

Any idea where i can find them like websites, please provide a link to them and what to look for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle the website is sponsers link at the top of the page.

Ilford filters. Just get the right size. Measure the one you have.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ilford had a deal for a while where they included a set of contrast filters with some packs of paper. If you search around you still might find this deal. They were gel filters, not the glass ones.

Shooter
    Large Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One caution - you imply that you have one filter and are looking to fill out the set.

Variable contrast filters come in sets, and its a really bad idea to try to mix filters from different sets, especially if the sets are from different manufacturers or different vintages. A #2 filter from Brand X is most likely not the same as a #2 filter from Brand Y.

Also, while variable contrast filters are marked 00 through 5, in steps of 0.5, those numbers don't necessary correspond to defined contrast grades. Instead, what you need to remember is that contrast increase as the number gets larger. Choose the filter that gives the results you are looking for.
    Louie

Shooter
    35mm
    i understand Monophoto, I like to get a complete set, once i do then the one i have I won't use it, and just use the ones in the set. I like to play around with the different value's to see what it do so i can pick the right one to use that make my picture's look good.

Shooter
    Medium Format

You wan't 'em..... I got 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by SiNiStEr NaTiOn View Post
    My brother had loaned me his Beseler 23CII enlarger and what darkroom stuff he had including 1 variable contrast filters a 4 1/2, because he enjoys working with a DSLR and on his computer, plus in the loan he loaned me his canon EOS 3.

I like to know where can I find some variable contrast filters for this enlarger, the local camera shops doesn't carry to much darkroom stuff anymore because of digital camera's, and that the way they are going with DSLR's.

Any idea where i can find them like websites, please provide a link to them and what to look for.
    Hi SN,

If you would like a nice set filters, I have a Bessler kit #8045 I'll let go for $20 shipped. They are in new condition in the original box, grade 1 through 4 in half steps. (7 filters total). PM me for shipping details if interested.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin