Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,017   Online: 1062

Shooter
    35mm RF

jobo atl-1500 tank versions- which ones needed?

Hello everyone, new subscriber here, going back to film my question, i am about to receive a jobo atl-1500 processor, however the box this is in, doesnt contain any rotary film tanks. i would like to know which tanks these processors are capable of using and where might i be able to purchase them. i have looked at ebay but i honestly dont know what i need, and dont want to purchase anything i dont need.

i will only be using it for film only and not paper. i would like a single reel tank and a two reel tank. which model series numbers do i need?

this atl-1500 is coming from a friend of my uncles who is retiring, and will be moving into a retirement home, so he doesnt need it anymore. the original tanks were apparently thrown out , along with other equipment.

thanks for your help in advance

Jake ----- > leicam7

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    2500 series tanks with cog lids (not magnet base)

2523(2 reels) or 2553(5 reels)

http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/products/2500.htm

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Oops mistake. It should have been 2523. I changed it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thanks so much rob, i will start looking out for them.

jake

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Also see this page:

http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/products/atl1500.htm

it uses water at 24degC or 38degC. It really needs the water mixing panel to be useable for colour work.
    For black and white you might get away without the water mixing panel but if your input water is cold, then it might take an age for the dev to get to temperature before it starts.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    rob, im thinking of getting a water themo mixer panel with filter from adoramma. i want to wait and get the unit in first. then i can go about finalising my room layout and plumbing requirements. this guy was heavily into nature and macro, and from the slides my uncle has seen, this machine really performs well. hopefully it should be here within the next 3 weeks or so.
    thanks for your help. can i message you privately , once it arrives, if i have any difficulties in installing or starting it up for the first time. i dont want to bother the owner , cause he has recently been widowed, and now the moving, i think its best to let him be.

thanks again
    jake

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I don't own one but I used an atl 1000 in a lab for a short while.
    Once its plumbed in and set up it is incredibly easy to use. You just fill the tanks, select the program and press start and thats it. It will beep at you when its finished. I just thought you should be aware that it only runs at 24 or 38 degrees C. You cannot adjust temp but can adjust time.
    I think you can download the operating manual from the jobo website which explains the programming.

Note that it doesn't take expert tanks but if you are not using sheet film then that's not important. But you can develop 4x5 with 2509 reels in either of the two tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might want to look into an Intellifaucet water mixing panel: even with the cheapest model, you dial in the desired temperature and the internal valves adjust the hot/cold intake and maintain the temperature without any manual valve fiddling. I have it hooked up to my ATL1500. I hope you will enjoy using the processor as much as I do.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    renato, thanks for the tip, i will look for one of those. i heard about these but i could never remember the name.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin