Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,131   Online: 892

Shooter
    Medium Format

Beseler Color Pro lens - WOW!

I just picked up a Beseler "Color-Pro" 50/2.8 enlarging lens with some other equipment last week. It is a very nice looking lens, and appears to be a 6-element variety - but I didn't expect too much from it. I finally tried it last night and all I can say is "WOW" - it is a fantastic lens - I made a 11x14 enlargement at 2.8 just to see how it would do - sharp corner to corner and great definition. It appears to be easily comparable to my El-Nikkor and Componon-S lenses. Best of all, I got it as a freebie with the other stuff I bought for $20 total.

Just a heads up that this is a good sleeper lens that can probably be found for cheap prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JRJacobs View Post
    I just picked up a Beseler "Color-Pro" 50/2.8 enlarging lens with some other equipment last week. It is a very nice looking lens, and appears to be a 6-element variety - but I didn't expect too much from it. I finally tried it last night and all I can say is "WOW" - it is a fantastic lens - I made a 11x14 enlargement at 2.8 just to see how it would do - sharp corner to corner and great definition. It appears to be easily comparable to my El-Nikkor and Componon-S lenses. Best of all, I got it as a freebie with the other stuff I bought for $20 total.

Just a heads up that this is a good sleeper lens that can probably be found for cheap prices.
    Very cool,

I'm not 100% sure, but I am under the impression that your lens may be a Fujinon EX lens. These are supposed to be quite good.

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the info - I saw the "made in Japan" and was trying to figure out who made it. It didn't look like a Nikkor or Komura lens. I bet you are right that it is a Fujinon (which I know nothing about), but it is definitely a keeper.

Images
    I also have this lens as my only 50mm. Sold my EL Nikkor 50 f2.8 and kept the Color Pro. So far I have no complaints.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Beseler Color Pro, (as far as I know) is a Computar enlarging lens rebranded by Beseler and probably not a Fuji. Computar enlarging lenses are imo one of the best made. I prefer them over nikon and german enlarging lenses hands down.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin