Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,229   Online: 814

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Infrared video camera and illuminator? I don't know cost, but Kodak used to take photos in a coating plant while work was in progress recording an image of the workers and film or paper using IR film.

Part of me wants to say all this is making more of a threat than really exists. The news media make it sound like every adult wants to molest every child. The reality is that while molestation is a tragic thing that does occur, it is more likely harm will come to a child by an automobile accident while being driven to the youth center.

If actual risks were the issue, we would insist upon four point harnesses and rollover cages in cars. The risk from molestaion is quite real, but has been unrealistically magnified by the media's response to it's repugnant nature.

Anyway - an IR imaging system would solve the conundrum.

C

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use red cast acrylic sheet in my portable darkrooms and the RV conversion. Works OK for wetplate collodion and I suspect it would be OK for B&W printing as well. It is cheap and could be cut to any size you need. Something like 8mm thick is probably what you need. (I use 4-5mm for my application.)

Here's a few shots of the stuff in use:

in my portable darktent

outside looking in

in the RV

I think revolving darkroom doors are also available made out of the stuff.

Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all,

Plenty of food for thought. While the video feed solution would be a nice one, I would fear that the cost would be prohibitive. The Rubylith/Acrylic sheet and LED safelight sounds like it would be at least worth a try. Having changing bags for film loading is no problem, I have couple floating around.

Vaughn, in reality a good Child Protection Policy will protect both the child and adult, so there is naturally an "Adult CYA" aspect to the policy, as you say a shame that there is a necessity, unfortunately it is the world we live in

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David I may have the solution for you which is a wireless baby monitor we have at home. Now that she is gone past that stage I could let you have it. Please let me know if this is ok and I'll dig it out of the attic.

Fintan

Shooter
    35mm
    Fintan,

Good idea, is it an audio monitor or does it have video also?

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No its video David.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    No its video David.
    Sounds interesting. Let me get back to you, there is a meeting in the next few weeks about the youth center and I'll run it by them. How much do you bet there'll be something about using video surveillance :rolleyes:

But it does sound like a neat solution!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem David.

It looks like this, maybe this is even it.

http://www.amazon.com/Babys-Quiet-So.../dp/B00005YWN0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin