Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,011   Online: 1075

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A little help please. I have never done this before but was wondering what the preceedure is. Is it better then Chromium intensifyer.

Also, does it increase sharpness, acuteness of the image?

THANKS!
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Selenium usually (note: usually.) gives less intensification than Chromium, which gives less than Mercury, which again gives less than Uranium...

I don't think it will increase the acutance, but the increased contrast will make it look sharper.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Selenium usually (note: usually.) gives less intensification than Chromium, which gives less than Mercury, which again gives less than Uranium...

I don't think it will increase the acutance, but the increased contrast will make it look sharper.
    Yep,,,and your chances of dying increase in the same order.....:P

Well....now that I got that out of my system..I could not resist....
    I think Mercury chloride and Chromium are still sold by Bostic & Sullivan and artcraft chemicals. Uranium is another matter, for all practical purposes almost impossible to get. If you plan to use mercury and chromium, use gloves good ventilation and dispose of the intesifier in a bottle that later can be taken to a haz waste facility.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you, Jorge.

I just remembered I forgot Silver - Kodak In-5 is another good proportional intensifier!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin