Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,174   Online: 1144

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MPP enlarger help?

I'm looking for some advice on my MPP enlarger as regards filters. There is no filter drawer on the head and so far as I can see,
    no way to attach one. Later models of the same enlarger, had a filter drawer built in to them, but mine is, unfortunately, too early a model.

What I'm wondering is can anyone see a way of attaching a filter to it or see of a way I can adapt the head in some way.
    I've attached a photo of the head complete with lens and the enlarger.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Síle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom Progress (2).JPG   MPP head.jpg  
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you get the ilford multigrade filter set, you get a nifty gizmo that goes onto your lens and you can slip filters in there.
    Last edited by keithwms; 04-28-2008 at 05:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added link
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    If you get the ilford multigrade filter set, you get a nifty gizmo that goes onto your lens and you can slip filters in there.

Keith thanks a million, that looks like it could just solve my problem perfectly!

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there, I have the same enlarger, this is the part you're looking for. If you look on the bottom of the focusing ring, it connects to the small aluminium plate, which in your photo is a 3 o'clock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tripod 2 4.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	518.4 KB 
ID:	47705

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Along with Marco's part you will need a length of rod that screws into the tab sticking out the side of the lens stage. The filter gizzy slips over the rod and is held in place with the screw. I haven't seen an MPP rod but it may have grooves cut into it for the point of the filter set screw to ride in or it may be the rod pivots in the lens board tab.

As Marco's photo shows, this filter arrangement was made for swinging a red filter into the light path. You would have to remove the red filter and then attach the Ilford filter holder to the MPP filter gizzy. The Ilford VC filter set includes a red filter that slips into the filter holder.

I never had much luck with getting Ilford's filter holder to hold on to the lens - the plastic screws it uses are just too weak. If you can, get the Kodak holder - it uses metal screws [and is better made in general]; I drilled small holes in the snout of the lens for the screws to nest in and then the holder worked very well.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to have one of these - a 6x6 model with a glassless carrier where the slit top hinged up. I put above the lens filters on top of the carrier, where they were about 5mm above the negative. You need to keep dust off them, but it worked.

Graham
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin