Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,774   Posts: 1,516,648   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QUICK! HELP

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've never used benzotriazole with the amidol formula. From what I understand it will make the prints a colder tone. By increasing the amount of potassium bromide you can warm the print tone. I usually start with 4cc of 10% bromide, and if the prints look too cool (not that kind of cool), I just add more. Hope this helps.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Aggie,
    I think that from what I have heard the use of Benzatriazole in the Amidol formula, for use with Azo, has to do with the age and place of manufacture of the Azo paper. Grade two Azo is currently manufactured at the new plant in Canada with a corresponding new emulsion (wouldn't you know this about Kodak...take a good thing and change it). The grade three Azo is also manufactured in Canada with no change in emulsion. Grade two Azo is the paper that some people are incorporating Benzatriazole with the Amidol formulation.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dnmilikan
    with a corresponding new emulsion (wouldn't you know this about Kodak...take a good thing and change it).
    According to Michael Smith, it's not Kodak's fault. There's been a change in the chemistry of the gelatin they can get which forms the substrate of the emulsion. Their choice was to either make the change or stop producing Grade 2 altogether. Personally, I'm rather happy that they chose the former. I've gotten much better prints with it than the old Rochester emulsion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin