Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,233   Online: 740

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    Well, actually there's at least two.
    There's at least three around here
    I just use hot water over everything for 5 minutes after I'm done. It sends all the bad daemons away. Can you say "blending plastic materials with ancient rituals"?

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Shooter
    35mm

great replies

Great replies, thanks everybody. From what I've read I believe I'm going steel. I'm tired of the frustration and losing frames. I've never heard of using photoflo pre-development. You guys are so helpful and supportive.
    BtW I try to limit my use of the changing bag for anything. I learned early about the sweaty/ limited space situation. I always load film onto reels in the darkroom.
    Last edited by scarfish69; 05-06-2008 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelling

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use steel reels, when developing by hand - the Hewes 35mm reels are fantastic - head and shoulders above anything else. I find loading 120 to be more difficult than 35mm regardless of if it is plastic or steel.

Most of my processing though is done in a Jobo CPP, in which plastic reels are much easier than steel - despite being harder to load. The reels need to be completely dry, so I have lots of them. They also say that it is possible to load two rolls of 120 on one reel, and although I have managed to do this successfully a couple of times, it is generally not worth the bother or savings in chemistry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use Rokunar plastic reels. They have a larger flange for loading film, really great for 120/220. And they fit in the Paterson's tanks. I have found that if your hands are slight moist it doesn't matter if you use SS or plastic reels you will have problems loading the film especially when the humidity is high. I put a fan next to me to keep me cool, hands dry and it seem to work.

Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin