Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,987   Online: 675

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Developing 127 film

My auntie has an old 127 camera and if I can source some 127 film I would like to have a go at developing it. Do I need special reels in the developing tank? Is there any performance difference between stainless steel reels and plastic ones? I have previously used a Paterson universal tank with plastic reels but I think the reels only covered 35 or 120 formats.
    Thanks
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From the manual for my Patterson System 4 tank: "The reels are adjustable for 3 film widths: 35mm, 126 127, and 120/220."

Hope it helps,

David.

P.S. For film and processing, you may want to contact Stephen Frizza at the Lighthouse Lab in Sydney. He's a regular here on APUG, so he'll probably reply soon anyway...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My Paterson tank has a middle setting inbetween 35mm/126 and the 120 width and that's the one for 127. I have developed B&W 127 before but only in Diafine to keep it simple.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The plastic Paterson and similar tanks have adjustable reels that will accommodate 127 film. If you already have one of these, your're in business. As far as handling the film goes, it's not substantially different from handling 120, only smaller. There are several outlet selling 127 film. B&H has very limited selection of B&W and color stocks on hand. Freestyle, might have some options as well. Relative to the more common film sizes, you will spend more for 127 film.
    Frank Schifano

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin