Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,724   Online: 982

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know what kind of footswitch plug goes into this thing? I was thinking it would take a regular 1/4" plug but to my suprise the timer's footswitch input looks like it takes some sort of 5 prong male plug. Is there an adapter that I can buy for the 1/4" plug that will turn it into the one that I can plug into this timer? Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I seriously doubt that you will find an adapter of the type that you want. I have an old Omega SCA 400 analyzer that has a weird plug to the probe. I don't know what the circuitry would be that would include five conducters unless they are breaking both "legs" of the circuit with a "ground" conducter as well. KHBPhotographix has a manual for the timer that they are willing to sell for $12.00 (canadian). Perhaps it has a schematic that would enable one to determine how to make this work with a conventional floor switch.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most often when you see a plug like that on something as simple as a footswitch only two prongs out of the five are used. The others are there for show. This seems to be an attempt to keep someone from plugging in a fixture from something else, say a footswitch of a competitor. A look inside the unit will tell you if theres any more than that attached. It may even be possible to find a compatible plug at Radio Shack or some other electronics supplier and make an adaptor to whatever you have available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If all else fails I'll sauder the wires to the circuit board...I'll make this work one way or another :-)
    RL Foley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin