Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 698

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Technal 500 Dry Mount Press

I took a Technal 500 dry mount press apart to clean and repaint. I didn't make enough notes on where everything goes. Now I'm stuck. I am close, but no cigar. Can can anybody send a picture from an instruction manual or digital picture of the mechanism holding the top down?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I have a Technal 550, if it helps, I could take a picture of it later today.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails technal.jpg  
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 05-12-2008 at 04:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The design shown in your picture is quite different than the design of my 500. Thanks for the effort though. I guess I'll have to keep trying.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Irvine View Post
    I took a Technal 500 dry mount press apart to clean and repaint. I didn't make enough notes on where everything goes. Now I'm stuck. I am close, but no cigar. Can can anybody send a picture from an instruction manual or digital picture of the mechanism holding the top down?

Here's my press, a 500T-X:
    Last edited by Early Riser; 07-09-2008 at 06:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here's my Technol 500 (which works fine without repainting).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SealPress 003.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I hate to say it, but

...that is what the digigizmo thing is worth using on. I.e. to see how something goes together/comes apart.

I have access at work to an old 2mb clunker that still is working, and no one else likes to use.

I used this to keep track of all of how all of the aprts looked before tanking them apaprt in rehabbing a rollers, and socks, etc.

The effort was over tearing apart a Kreonite RA-4 roller processor machine - the first tank rack that had been left with developer on it, but not rinsed. There was gunk stuck on everywhere to be scrubbed, soaked, washed, scoured, rinsed, etc for many days. Even with the digisnaps and exploded parts diagram from the tear down manual it was a tricky thing to put together again.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The picture Jim attached is the exact same model. I'm headed out to the garage with a copy to see where I went wrong. I had to take mine apart because the foam pad had gotten stuck to the aluminium heating side. Once I was at that point, I thought I might as well paint it.

Mike's idea of taking digital photos before disassembling something is a Eureka. I'm always taking things apart then forgetting how they went together.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin