Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,342   Online: 1156

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thermometer, graduated cylinder, a couple of trays, 3 bottles for developer/stop/fix, a wire and clips for hanging, and a cheap ebay unicolor base & light-safe processing drums for your chosen film sizes are all you really need. Get a spiral tank for your 35mm & 120 films, and an 8x10 PRINT drum for your 4x5 sheet film, and you're set.

And plastic negative sleeves.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Dear FootNote,

If you are going to do a lot of film developing, a Jobo rotary processor is just the thing. Not a cheap way in, but you can really crank out a lot of film with consistent technique. Check out the CPE2+.

If you really are just starting out, consider a Jobo 2521 tank, a 2509N reel for 4x5, 2 2502 reels for 35mm and 120/220 (the tank will hold only one reel for 120/220 film), and a Jobo 1509 roller base. You can load the 4x5 reels by hand to save some money, but I do like the 2502 film guide and 2508 loading base for convenience.

I hope this helps.

Neal Wydra
    Thanks Neal,

This is actually what i ended up going with.

Now my question is what do i need to buy so i can do two 120 reels at once? Or will it be big enough alone for it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear FootNote,

You can put two rolls of 120 on one reel. When you get the reels you will see a little red tab. You pop it up and load the first roll. You then pop it down and load the second roll. The tab keeps the rolls separate. (http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/instr..._reels_120.htm)

For more than one 120 reel, you will need a larger tank. The 255X tanks accept 3 reels set for 120 film.

I think you will really like your setup. Keep an eye out for a CPE2+. They can often be had cheaply on ebay when they don't come with a lift.

Neal Wydra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin