Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,043   Online: 1063

Shooter
    Medium Format

Glue in enlarger lens groups

Is it really that hard to spot when it goes bad? Second enlarger lens that I have received this month that is supposed to be "Mint" "No mold" "no dust". I guess I should start asking is the glue is delaminating. Here is the latest sample:

"Professional" photographer said he inspected it and its good as new. And people why why I think half the "Pros" are on that dust.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funky looking stuff. But I've never seen separation like that. Usually it becomes apparent around the edges of the elements, not scattered throughout the lens like that.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have a old Nikkor that has that along with two ebay lenses now. I think my new rule of thumb is going to be no used enlarger lenses. I wonder if its age or heat thats causing it though. This lens was a fairly new Rodenstock so I am leaning towards heat. Who knows.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin