Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,641   Online: 716

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Berkey Omega C760 Enlarger Help

Hello

I was given a Berky Omega C760 enlarger. It came with a Nikon El-Nikkor 50mm 1:4 lens.

I want to do medium format. I have a Beslar 90mm 4.5 lens for medium format that fits the lens board but I am unsure if I need to change anything else? It came with a 35mm neg carrier so I will need to get a 6x6 and 6x7 carrier but I'm not sure if I need to do anything else?

Also it came with tons of chemicals both powdered and concentrate that is at least 3 years old. Would this stuff still be any good? If not what is the best way to dispose of it?

Thanks for any help

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ethylphenethylamine View Post
    Hello

I was given a Berky Omega C760 enlarger. It came with a Nikon El-Nikkor 50mm 1:4 lens.

I want to do medium format. I have a Beslar 90mm 4.5 lens for medium format that fits the lens board but I am unsure if I need to change anything else? It came with a 35mm neg carrier so I will need to get a 6x6 and 6x7 carrier but I'm not sure if I need to do anything else?

Also it came with tons of chemicals both powdered and concentrate that is at least 3 years old. Would this stuff still be any good? If not what is the best way to dispose of it?

Thanks for any help
    Do you have the dichroic color head or the condenser head?

If you have the condenser head, it is a matter of what condensers you have and in what position they are placed.

I have a diagram of that here somewhere in this pile of papers... If I find it I will post it here...

Mine is the dichroic color head and it came with 2 diffusers; 1 for 35mm and below and 1 for Medium format -- 6x6 and 6x7. These diffusers are styrofoam with plastic light diffusers located in the head of the lamphouse.

You might get buy with the 35mm diffuser, I don't know, but as you indicated, you will need the neg carrier or make one out of heavy gauge black card stock.

Your chemistry should be plenty fine, but use common sense and test it! Partial bottles should be viewed with skepticism, but sealed packets/bottles should be just fine.
    Last edited by Kino; 05-18-2008 at 10:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Kino. Thanks for the reply.

It is the dichroic color head. It did come with two diffusers. At first I thought it was just a spare (for whatever reason) but after I looked at them one says 35mm and one says 6x7 so I guess all I need is a neg carrier which is great!

Would any Omega neg carrier work for this enlarger?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, the kind that fits the C760 also fits several other Omega enlargers, so they are fairly common. Last time I checked they were on Fee-bay for about $20 or so. Just do a "C760 Omega" search on there...

A couple of aluminum panels, a hacksaw, a metal file and a can of spray paint works too if you are handy with the tools...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin