Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,334   Posts: 1,537,521   Online: 1059

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Broken Gravity Works 4x5 Film washer

Hi all,
    I have a Gravity Works 4x5 film washer that I, unfortunately, broke.
    The clear pipe that empties the washer when the water reaches a certain hight has broken at the point where it attaches to the washer.

I have searched plumbing supply houses and the usual box home repair stores without any luck.

For those who are not familiar with the washer the part I am referring to is a clear pipe that is shaped in an upside down U shape with one side longer than the other. The shorter side is inserted into a pre-drilled hole and the other side of the pipe directs the water into a sink or other draining device.

To compound the problem I only need a section that is approx. 2 feet long. I will trim to the correct length once it is attached.

I would appreciate some ideas on locating such a part.

As far as online ordering, I do not use a credit card and I do not have, and will not open a paypal account. I prefer to pay in cash.

Thanks for the help.

Gary
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Money Order and

Gravity Works, LLC
    3610 Lexington Ave.
    Madison, WI 53714

By phone:
    608-241-7673 (between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT)
    fax 608-241-7573
    gravityworks@sbcglobal.net

Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Call them, per Bill's info. They have always been most helpful on the phone and will figure out what to do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary,

If you still have all the bits and pieces a solvent can be used to 'weld' the plastic back together. I bought a used Gravity Works film washer and while in transit the bottom tube broke off cleanly and the top upside down U broke on one side. I used a solvent that was made for plexiglass and it worked perfectly.

Scott

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin