Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,486   Posts: 1,571,305   Online: 775

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Omega D5 assembly info?

I am unpacking a recently purchased (via the big auction site) Omega D5XL enlarger. It came partly disassembled in three boxes. Now I have to put it back together again. No manual, of course. Then get it adjusted and aligned and all that. Anybody know where instructions are posted online, or am I just going to have to buy a reprinted manual?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a manual around here somewhere if you can't find one online already. I can scan it for you.

Now where the heck is that thing... (crash, boom, smash...)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    I have a manual around here somewhere if you can't find one online already. I can scan it for you.
    That would be way helpful. I found references to a site that had some old enlarger manuals posted, but is now offline.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    did you get it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you don't get it, e-mail me privately and I'll locate my info. If you DO have it, I won't go to the trouble of digging it up. :o)
    Steve
    scdowellphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sent him a .pdf, but don't know if it got through OK...

Shooter
    35mm

May I have too

Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post

Now where the heck is that thing... (crash, boom, smash...)
    Hey Kino if it is possible may I have D5's manuel too. One of my friend gave me his D5 but I have no info about it. I would love to have it. Here my e-mail keremandbuse@gmail.com Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the way...

Let me know if it is too "chunky" @ 75 dpi and 2MB -- I have one that is 150 dpi and 10MB if your mail box can handle it...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys. I got the thing back together again. What a chore! I almost didn't have enough head room. The best part was getting it together, figuring out how to line up all the little wheels, then wondering why it wouldn't lock in place. Then realizing what that extra little knob at the bottom was for...Clearly some alignment work awaits--I can see that the lamphouse is a bit askew from the neg stage.

Those bolts holding it up seem like a dubious arrangement to me, though--it looks like it should have an extra clamp or three, just for security.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I secured mine with two wires and turnbuckles on the top of the column to steady it up.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin