Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,148   Online: 1035

Shooter
    Large Format

Reprogramming a Jobo ATL 1000

Hi !
    I know the parameters for the various programs are stored on an EPROM in the ATL 1000.
    As I was, a log time ago, working in an electronic lab, I know what it is, how to deal with and how to re-program.
    But, have any of you, deciphered the code and will to share the information ?
    That would be fun !
    Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesGiralt View Post
    Hi !
    I know the parameters for the various programs are stored on an EPROM in the ATL 1000.
    As I was, a log time ago, working in an electronic lab, I know what it is, how to deal with and how to re-program.
    But, have any of you, deciphered the code and will to share the information ?
    That would be fun !
    Thanks a lot in advance for your help !
    This task would be a lot easier if you could decompile the microprocessor code first. But I imagine if they're smart they "locked" the micro's code so it can't be downloaded. Otherwise you are faced with trying to figure out what each of the bytes in the EEPROM do. Not so much fun.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Like you, I ran into the same idea with a pair of King Concept Enterprise Film processors. There are 4 eproms - 1 is the operating system and the other three are the programs for E-6, C-41 and BW. However they are the old versions of these processes so they aren't quite right for the current films and chemistry. Using a eprom programmer, I downloaded the code and ran it through a disassembler. Even at this stage, since you don't have the labels to understand the structure of the assembler code and the fact that the program eproms looked to contain code as well as data, I decided that this was going to be a monumental task (too much work!). In the end I decided to re-brain these units. I am keeping all of the analog and part of the digital circuitry in place and jack from the existing main board to a new sub board that will contain a pair of ARM processors and run new code that I am in the middle of writing. But, the units will now support 10 programs instead of three and use two 4 line LCD displays instead of the single leds and 4 digit display that they came with. I am hoping to have the first one up and running in about 6 weeks. Right behind that is an RA-4 conversion for an old RCP20 and a rebuild of an RCP50.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found this while googling the subject: http://www.tk-imaging.de/ATL1000.html
    He offers to reprogram the EPROM on the ATL-1000. Perhaps you can ask him for for the specific parameters?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you Trond. That is a very useful link for the rest of us who are not into cracking and disassembling code. I don't think that I would go though the trouble even if I knew how to do it though. €24.90 for a new custom coded EPROM seems a real bargain in comparison.

//Bj÷rn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin