Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,864   Online: 956

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Jobo 2800 series drums diameter

Can anyone tell me the inner diameter of jobo 2800 series print drums?

Also the useable length of a 2830 drum, the useable length of a 2840 drum and the useable length of a 2870 extension model.

I realise there are defined uses for these drums giving paper sizes but it would be useful to know the real dimensions as I may not be using standard paper sizes and we have some different paper sizes in the UK.

The diameter is the most important for me.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Inner? It takes a 2500 type reel. The tanks are really aimed at metric paper and the US sizes are the next lower ones. I hope that makes sense.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Inner? It takes a 2500 type reel. The tanks are really aimed at metric paper and the US sizes are the next lower ones. I hope that makes sense.
    I want them for printing so reel size is not important. The diameter is for working out circumference so I know the maximum paper size that will fit.
    A 2500 tank has a 14cm diamter so circumference is 17 inch. I guess the 2800 will be the same if it takes the same size reels.

Are there ridges down the inside of the 2800 tanks like there are on the 2500 tanks or is the inside smooth?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ridges are a feature of the 2800 tanks. Three together and one more on it's own. The smooth tanks are actually a 2500 feature. It's really the only difference between the two. The 2800 need the ridges for multiple smaller sheets.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    the ridges may be OK for smaller sheets and RC paper, but what about FB paper which becomes very soft when its wet. Would those ridges leave marks on 20x16 paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know I only use the drums for colour. I think I remember Jobo saying they were okay for fibre but that's just memory. They don't scratch film. You'll find many use the same drums for large sheet film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW the ridges would be the back of the paper. Would marks on the back matter?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    well they could stretch the emulsion and that is likely to show up in some toning processes. I may just be being paranoid about it but if others have experienced no problems then I'll have to try and see what happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have done 20x16 Ilford Multigrade Warmtone in a Jobo print drum without any marks. The bigger risk, in my opinion, is creasing the paper getting it out when wet. I did a pre-soak, develop, stop, fix, rinse cycle on a manual roller base. My CPE-2+ cannot handle anything above 11x14. The only reason I do this is because my space is tight for tray processing at this size, and the drum is easier for a couple of sheets. I wash my 20x16 in a Versalab 11x14 washer with a substitute insert.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 2840 will take a maximum print size of 30x40cm or in USA/UK language, 12"x16"

Mick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin