Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,016   Online: 676

Images
    Well, I have been excavating dirt from under my hillside house for nearly a year! I am ready to go for my permits. I have posted a rough floorplan for my darkroom in the Non Gallery Section. Please take a look! Any ideas, thoughts, words-of-wisdom on the layout would be greatly appreciated ! Looking forward to having the darkroom done within 90 days!
    Maybe a SF Bay Area darkroom warming party in the near future!!??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See my comments in the gallery

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    BTW which part of the Bay Area? East Bay here.
    Aggie,
    Thanks for your comment. I'm in Pleasant Hill.

Cheers,
    Geary

Images
    Thanks for the great comments! I, too, hate the loss of space for the other door. I tried to place the darkroom in the other space, but there were too many incursions from a/c & sewer plumbing. There is not enough sheer wall clear height to place the doors elsewhere.

I have sketched making the "enlarger end" into a "u" shaped counter area,, but because of the narrowness of the floor space, I felt that I lost nearly as much accessible counter space in the corners as a I gained. But I will play with the counters some more. BTW, I will put shelving darn near everywhere!!

Thanks to all for the comments.

Geary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi geary:

you might think about pocket doors. i know the mega-home improvement stores always have "kits" to change regular doors into sliding doors ( that is if you have the room to slide a door).

another suggestion i have is to use gfi plugs. especially if there is water/sink &c. they are not hard at all to install, i think i looked at the dyi.com video tutorial when i installed mine, and that was pretty much overkill

i'm not sure if it is just concrete you will be standing on, but you might go to restaurant supply store and see if you can buy some of those 3 foot square rubber mats they use in kitchens. they are the ones with holes and they clean up really easy. i couldn't find any near me so i bought the square-foamy mats that do the same thing, but they are pretty lightweight, compared to the real thing. now, the store i bought them at sells the "holy mats" ... so when the chems / water makes the mats i have look "holy" i can relpace them without a problem.

looks great!

-john

Images
    Thanks to all for the great input. I have incorporated many of the great suggestions. The "new and improved" version of the plan is posted in the Non Gallery. Comment still highly welcomed!

I am submitting the basic construction plans for approval. I can still make any non-structural impovements! Thank again to all who took the time to help out!!

Geary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks good. Did you folks realize when you have a shot uploaded anywhere you can go to the image, right click it and look in the properties for the URL, copy it and use it to display the picture right with the discussion? Like so....

Click Img, paste URL, click Img again. Neat.
    Makes the whole discussion more coherent, don't you think?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin