Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,460   Online: 764

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've seen these on the market:

http://www.calumetphoto.com/syrinx/c....itemNo=AA0730

I'm wondering if anyone has used one and does it really work 100%? Thanks, Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean, your link does not work. Can you please explain, what kind of device you are looking for?
    I'm using "the Parallel" from Versalab
    see http://www.versalab.com/server/photo...s/parallel.htm This is a simple device that is best suited to check alignment just before making an exposure. It does not require any changes or installations on your enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yup, that's the one Thilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean,
    the Parallel is basically a laser pointer in a solid, well engineered and calibrated case. Since the case is relatively small, you must make sure that your easel (or any other reference surface) is real flat. Otherwise you will adjust your enlager to wrong conditions. If you take care of that, it works 100% and is very easy to handle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    no worries there, thanks!

Sean,
    I second Thilo's evaluation. I didn't like spending this much on something that isn't used that much. but in made alignment of the negative stage, lens stage and easel very simple. I can now make 16x20 with all the corners sharp. my enlarger, an Omega, came from the factory extremely misaligned.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used this tool for three years and would endorse the comments by Thilo and Tom. Worth every penny, or cent.

I also use it and agree with everyone. Great tool.

MIchael McBlane

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I made my own for about $25 out of a mirror and a Daisy laser scope for an air pistol from Walmart. The scope has axis adjustments for the beam and a nice stable base. The trick is to aim it at the mirror and rotate the scope and adjust it so the reflected dot does not move. Then you can be sure that the beam is perpendicular to the base. Then simply adjust the enlarger until the reflected beam hits the source. Sounds more complicated than it really was. Now my enlargements are nice and sharp - corner to corner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin