Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,686   Posts: 1,548,612   Online: 1320

Shooter
    35mm RF

Rodenstock 50mm enlarger lens fungus question

I have a 50 mm Apo-Rodagon Rodenstock enlarger lens that has a fungus. It is not visable to the naked eye, but I can see specks and filaments with magnifying glass. I am looking for a reputable repair service that can clean the lens for me. Any recommendations or other information would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know if Rodenstock provides this service?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The problem will be a repair could be more than the cost of replacing the lens. Having said that these lenses usually come apart very simply and it's possible a quick clean will resolve your problem.

Often enlarger lenses get a bit of moisture inside, particularly if not used regularly, this can result in moisture condensing on the internal elements.

Get someone in a good repair shop to look at it, very likely they'll just unsrew the elements clean & re-assemble, I;ve cleaned =some of my older lenses many times this way.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    If you are located in the United States, HP Marketing Corp. Warranty Service (They distribute Rodenstock lenses in the US) can provide you with info on reliable lens repair technicians: 1-800-735-4373

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you lajolla. I teleponed HP Marketing Corp and they told me to send the lens so they could inspect it, and they would let me know whether they could fix it or if it would need to be sent to Germany. They were quite helpful. Thanks so much for your help, lajolla.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin