Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,936   Posts: 1,585,632   Online: 743

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Beseler VC Filters #8045

I just picked up my first set of Beseler variable contrast filters (#8045) from the auction site which is mostly complete but they all seem to have a convex/concave (varies) shape to them, they are not flat as I expected. It appears they may have been heat damaged? Normal shape? If not normal, I don't think the distortion will hurt as they are located above the lens as long as the distortion doesn't prevent them from sliding into the enlarger. True?

Anyone?

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like heat or age damage. They are supposed to be flat. You can check the effect with a focus magnifier under the enlarger but if given a choice I'd try to find a set in better shape.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, it looks like I was bitten by the eBay snake and will write this one off.

Fred

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin