Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,984   Posts: 1,523,918   Online: 977

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Paterson Enlarging Meter

I've been given a Paterson Enlarging Meter. I suspect it's about 20 years old, but looks unused and boxed, complete with a diffuser. I've never used one but would be intersted in trying it (although I can't see how it would be better then test strips).

The only problem is I've no instructions for it. Can anyone out there help?

Thanks

Rob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Rob
    From memory, I did a test strip to detemine exposure then useing the same appeture placed the defusser against the lens and adjusted the dial till the neon light just whent out. This gave you a reading for the paper speed, if I recall these are the letters.

On the next neg using the same paper set the paper speed and again holding the defuser against the lens turn the dial untill the neon light just flickers off, then read the exposure.

I found it best to turn the safe light out when takeing readings.

Have to say I went back to test strips as they gave me more information, but the meter was useful when I had a lot of negs to print. These days I do little 35mm and I never used the meter on med format negs.

Regards Paul.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there.
    I have a Paterson enlarging meter, of you're still interested I could email you some photo copies of the instruction booklet.
    Yours.
    Tom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin