Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,421   Online: 774

Images

Convert DeVere 504 from floor to bench/wall mount

Hi All,
    I scanned the archives but did not see answer. How difficult is it to convert a DeVere 504 from the floor stand to mounting on the wall? I know that there is a bench mount model and, IIRC, a conversion kit to go from floor to bench. If, so, is the kit necessary?

Your thought will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did the same conversion. I just had to find the actual brackets - which are pretty beefy. The only real negative of doing this so far has been that I had to remove the focus knobs.. and now it's TOTALLY manual adjust... which kind of sucks. I'll resolve it somehow I guess - eventually...! You could probably make up your own - though I think getting the originals would be easier/cheaper. If you can find them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We converted a couple of free standing units with the drop table to bench use.

You do and should retain the wheels and rods. Basically if you look at your floor unit, you should see a couple of bolts, washers or something, turning when you turn the wheels. Your bench model uses those stubs to take the focusing wheels.

You will have to put the easel above these, slightly, which IIRC, means you lose about 120/150mm of focusing height.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wasn't sure if you were addressing me, mick... however I'd already designed a drop table whose height was set by a different constraint. I figure I can use the sockets the rods previously inhabited at a later date for a column-mounted focus assembly. The whole problem is that I project murals onto the floor and the projection beam only just clears the column itself - let alone any protrusions... I'll tell you though - that's the real bitch - printing murals - since the head's up way high and there's probably two metres between the lens and the paper plane. YOU try using a focus magnifier on the floor while manually adjusting/locking the head incrementally...!!! ack!

Images
    Thanks Sparky & Mick,
    I appreciate your input. sounds like the task is doable!!

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin