Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,446   Posts: 1,597,065   Online: 828

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This is interesting. I have a L184 with a T12 head. Wouldn't mind variable contrast Do think I could fit it into a box about the size of the t12 head? Or do you think it would be to close?
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Note that Geary's profile indicates his last activity here was 2-5-09.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Regardless of the last activity from the OP, the subject of a home-brew LED split grade head keeps nagging at me. I can't think of any reason it should not work. I have considered using the screw in pre wired multi LED "bulbs" that one can just screw into a 120 V source. Green and blue/UV.

I have been using LEDs from www.superbrightleds.com for split grade contact printing and red LEDs for safelighting.

I'm not interested in the mechanics of wiring LEDs myself so the simplest screw in household voltage bulbs make sense to me. The work very well for safelights. and the greens and blue/UVs are so bright I have to bounce them off a dark surface to have usefully long printing times. I would like eventually to be able to print large to very large, so intensity is very important to me.

The bulbs are on this page. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...cs/E27-W24.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    To the OP. Is this enlarger an 8x10 diffusion type enlarger? So there is a sheet of diffusion material between the LED lights and the negative? About how far from the negative is the LED panel?

In the future I may wish to make a similar LED head, so your LED layout diagram is very informative. However, there are no units included, so I'm left wondering the scale of the layout. Do the squares have a certain size to them? If it's not too much trouble could you measure across the extreme diagonal blue LEDs?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LEDgridd.jpg  
    f/22 and be there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin