Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,830   Online: 850

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need new scale

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Salter digital scale-has a tare button so you just weigh the chemicals not the container. Before this I used the teaspoon measurement table in The Darkroom Cookbook (VV useful) and this was fine as long as you weren't weighing very small amounts.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Black Dog"]I use a Salter digital scale

Presumably these weigh down to 1gr. Do you ever find the need to weigh smaller amounts ?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, 1g is right. Haven't really needed to weigh smaller amounts- I make up % solutions if using benzotriazole, bromide, pot iodide etc. OK for all my regular brews. BTW, anyone out there wear a dust mask while mixing from raw chemicals?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

I should but it's too much of a hassle. Not smart but then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin