Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,454   Online: 956

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Chromegatrol Foot Switch - DIY?

Hi all...

How hard would it be to make your own footswitch for this enlarger timer used with the Super-Chromega dichroic head, usually found on an Omega D series enlarger?

Has anyone ever tried this?

The switches I've seen (single and double-pedal ones) are pretty expensive for what they are...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most likely, you need a momentary contact switch, wire and a connector that mates with whatever is provided in the timer. I made my own remote switch for my GraLab digital timer, it's not rigged as a foot switch, but all the fundamentals are the same. My timer uses a 1/8 inch mono headphone plug which is a stock item at Radio Shack as is the switch.
    To rig up a foot switch, you'd need to add a couple of pieces of plywood and a hinge.
    My switch is mounted under the counter top supporting my enlarger, so that I don't have to reach across the counter to trigger the timer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin