Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,078   Online: 989

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RH designs analyser-pro as densitometer

I have a RH designs analyser-pro and want to optimize my developing times with Moersch Tanol developer. I know that it is possible to measure densities with the RH designs analyser-pro, but how to interpret the values displayed on the anapro ?
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You measure first the density through the film base (developed, but unexposed) and then measure through the exposed film to get the density reading above film base+fog. This gives you density readings that you can match to your printing preferences. That's essentially what I do. I take say a zone 1 and a zone 8 exposure at the beginning of a roll from a blank card and then I can check my developing routine from time to time. I aim for a zone 1 density of around 0.1 and zone 8 of around 1.3.

I am not sure if this works for staining developers (I think Tanol is a staining developer?) as the stain can affect the paper grade so I don't use staining developers any longer with the analyser.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin