Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,358   Online: 1129

Shooter
    35mm

Beseler 45 MX II with Computerized Color Head

Hi,
    New to APUG...wondering if anyone knows of online instruction manuals for a Beseler 45 MX II with a Computerized Color Head. I just became the owner of this enlarger and am in need of some assistance with piecing it back together and making it run correctly.

Thanks,
    Heidi

Shooter
    Large Format
    Do you have the universal 45 color head with controller? I don't think the manual is online but I'm pretty sure I have a copy somewhere. It's not too difficult. Just make sure that the enlarger chassis is pitched forward 8 degrees on both sides (the pitch is adjusted by threading the rods in and out of the threaded feet that attach to the baseboard frame).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No, I think he is referring to an earlier version of the Dichro 45S with a computer module. I don't have instructions but search Ebay. There is a guy who sells copies of instruction manuals for all of the Beseler products there. I bought one from him and it was OK, <$10.

You should get a copy of the manuals for both the enlarger chassis and the light source. I bought a 45MXII chassis and the alignment is not intuitive and the manual is only partially helpful.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't have one for the head, but I think I have one for the enlarger. I'll send via email.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the help. I have the Dichro 45 Computerized Colorhead. I did get a .pdf of a Beseler 45 MXT enlarger that looks similar and should help in getting it back together. Does anyone have info on the colorhead?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only info I have is a warning, these have a weakness in a controller board that tend to fry at an inopportune moment and can't be replaced for any amount of money. Be sure the head is fully functional before spending a lot of time on it. I have one sitting on a shelf I can't repair.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only info I have is a warning, these have a weakness in a controller board that tend to fry at an inopportune moment and can't be replaced for any amount of money. Be sure the head is fully functional before spending a lot of time on it. I have one sitting on a shelf I can't repair.
    That's true, if the unit fails there is no way to make it run again with the same boards. I know, I contacted Beseler when mine failed to work. New boards were not available and the boards are not repairable. After some inspection I modified the unit I now have it sitting on my enlarger and working perfectly.

I just became the owner of this enlarger and am in need of some assistance with piecing it back together and making it run correctly.
    It appears that he is the owner of the enlarger and head.

Welcome, I hope the head works when you get it setup, good luck,

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you referring to the Universal 45? I have the instruction book for that and I may already have it scanned. Let me know if you can use it.
    Craig Schroeder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin