Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,128   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There "were" some stainless steel 1 gallon tanks made that would take 3 or 4 8x10 SS film hangers, but the most common "tank" for developing moderate quantities of sheet film up to 8x10 is the 3.5 gallon "deep" tank.

Actually, there still are. They are special-order through Adorama (Arkay #81-4) and quite expensive at around $85 each. The quality is not up to that of yesteryear, but they are still available. (One of the great virtues of stainless tanks is the rapid temperature transfer if they are sitting in a tempering bath; this is also one of the drawbacks if they are not.)

It seems that there should be hundreds of these floating around on the used market, since they were used for dental x-ray, among other things; for some reason, they don't seem to turn up as often as I would expect.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    There "were" some stainless steel 1 gallon tanks made that would take 3 or 4 8x10 SS film hangers ...
    The one gallon tanks are still out there. I have found some for me and see them for sale used occasionally. Maybe one or another of the stainless fabricators still make them as a regular production item. Regal / Arkay?

I always used the one gallon tanks. I couldn't see the point in the three and a half gallon size unless one was doing high volume shooting.

C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin