Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,032   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Jobo CPP-2 malfunction

I think the tempering part of my Jobo CPP-2 is busted.
    I've noticed that lately it doesn't seem to warm up the water.
    Anything I can do to fix it?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has the thermal overload circuit breaker cut out? If you look at the outside end of the control head, at the bottom and just about central on the head, there is a little recessed white button. Try pushing it with a blunt object, and see if the heating circuit works again.

If that does not work, it may be that the temperature circuit fuse has blown. Jobo have an online manual containing a description on replacing the fuses.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    While it's not exactly a "fix", I had intended to make a tempering bath using a small circulatory pump and an aquarium heater.

A suggestion if all else fails.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you Steve, I will take it apart one of these days and see what I can do.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So, I got down to opening the Jobo.
    Man, its not that easy, but its doable.
    Here are some photos for those who would like to see the insides of a CPP-2.
    The fuses don't look blown. I am not that experienced, but should they look "blown", black and everything? For what's worth, the thin wire inside each of them looks intact.
    I think I have more serious problems:
    I've found one of the chips, the one under the top right knob to have been dirtied by chemical spill and what appears like rust, so did a couple of... (well, I don't know what they are called!) balloon like little thingies close to it.
    Is the chip gone to meet its maker? Can I clean it?
    Maybe the problem is elsewhere.
    The manual says that if the temperature fuse is blown, the LEDs wouldn't work at all, but they do in my case.

Damn, I hope I don't have to send it to Jobo in Germany... do they still service the rotary processors?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0544.JPG   DSC_0547.JPG   DSC_0548.JPG  
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah ,that corroded spot looks like a killer! You might try to get a computer tech to look at it and see if the chip can be cleaned and resoldered but odds are the circuit may have shorted when it got covered in chemicals. Good luck!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    Yeah ,that corroded spot looks like a killer! You might try to get a computer tech to look at it and see if the chip can be cleaned and resoldered but odds are the circuit may have shorted when it got covered in chemicals. Good luck!
    So do you think its fixable if its cleaned or does it have to be sent to Germany to have the chip replaced and whatever else it needs? The LEDs work, the thermometer works, the pump and the rotor works, only the heating element doesn't.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The chip may have been part of the control circuit for the heater, no way to tell without a schematic. That much corrosion can cause cross circuits and open circuits if it eats the copper away from the chip leads. A competent and creative repair tech would need a good look to know. Usually they will tell you to replace the board, which may not be a bad option to do yourself if you can get Jobo to send you one. Have you tried contacting Jobo to see about parts availability?
    Gary Beasley

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Damn, I hope I don't have to send it to Jobo in Germany... do they still service the rotary processors?
    You can better take contact with this man because he does all the repairs for Jobo Germany.
    http://www.fotolaborservice.de/
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you.
    I have sent an email with the close up photo to both Jobo and Mr.Seynsche.
    It comes in a bad time when I need the jobo because I shoot a lot and need to be able to develop a lot of film as conveniently as possible. With hand tanks, I can only do four rolls of 120 at once and of course its more work. At least I can use the rest of the machine and because its summer, I don't need the warming function yet.
    www.arigram.gr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin