Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,548   Online: 891

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Winnipeg area Darkroom

Does anyone know of, or have, a darkroom that I could use for 3 days or so in the Winnipeg area ? I am in the middle of a big road trip and have been trying to develop negatives in hotel bathrooms on a periodic basis up to now. It has worked, and I have been pleased with the results, so far. But boy! is it tedious! I have all of my own trays and chemicals, all I need is the sink space, running water, and some room to move around, and some dark. I have about 30 negs to develop at this point, I am not going to do any printing until I get home. I would be willing to pay a reasonable rent if necessary.

Thanks
    Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating
    Canadian Landscape

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does any Peg dwellers know if the Platform Gallery, in the Artspace Building, still rents out darkroom space?

They used to when I was there but that was over 10 years ago. Where I live, in Brandon, has a space but it's also a 2 hour drive west of Winnipeg.

Tim,

Give me a call at the School, or email me: craig at prairieview dot see aye.

I can hook you up with what you need

Cheers!

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Does anyone know of, or have, a darkroom that I could use for 3 days or so in the Winnipeg area ? I am in the middle of a big road trip and have been trying to develop negatives in hotel bathrooms on a periodic basis up to now. It has worked, and I have been pleased with the results, so far. But boy! is it tedious! I have all of my own trays and chemicals, all I need is the sink space, running water, and some room to move around, and some dark. I have about 30 negs to develop at this point, I am not going to do any printing until I get home. I would be willing to pay a reasonable rent if necessary.

Thanks

Does any Peg dwellers know if the Platform Gallery, in the Artspace Building, still rents out darkroom space?

They used to when I was there but that was over 10 years ago. Where I live, in Brandon, has a space but it's also a 2 hour drive west of Winnipeg.
    Yup, they still do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry Craig, I didn't know about your school. (do now, though)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin