Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,904   Online: 928

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

I Love My Jobo's

but unfortunately it is harder and harder to find parts, service and maintain my old friends.
    I have two units currently working that do not owe me a dime, I can see a couple of more years of service but in these times I am not sure how long I can keep them on life support.
    An option is to buy as many existing units and put them in storage and if forced to pay rent on a parts inventory I will do so.

Here is a couple question's, Is there any current new processing rotary systems being developed, marketed or in production that I am not aware of?
    Is this a niche market that should be filled or is there even any interest??

For the last 12 years I have ran quite a few thousand rolls and sheets on these machines and they have served me really well. I plan to continue processing for at least another 20 years so I need something to replace Jobo.

I love the automation features and I know I could hand process, or manually put tanks on rollers and do it this way, but I am hoping, reaching out , wondering and flat out begging * is there not in this day and age someone capable of filling this niche , or am I doomed*.

I have two left hands, and do not know a circuit from a stepper motor so doing it myself is not an option.

Surley on a site of 28 thousand film lovers, I am not the only one concerned and dreading a Jobo less world.

I am not interested in going back to deep tank, dip and dunk so posts in this direction really are not helpful.

I love my Jobo's

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I believe Jobo has started (will start) manufacturing again, unless something has happened since I heard that last year.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Jobo replacement? PhotoTherm!

Have you looked into the PhotoTherm line of film processors? They look like they might fit the bill... Plus- it looks like they are going to continue supporting their film processing equipment, as they've updated them over the last couple of years.
    John "Alpha Flying Monkey" Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I think JOBO makes a Puppy Conversion Device.
    You'll need some way to get them to alternate direction,
    but maybe if you have two wheels, belt drive, and a differential....

don

ps: PhotoTherm is great stuff.

LOL...great df!

Seriously now, I thought Jobos will continue to be serviced through Omega-Sattler ( or is it Satter?). I received excellent service from them when I needed a small new part for my CPP unit. Call them up and see what the scope is.

Ed

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I called Omega-Satter a few weeks ago and was assured that the processors were discontinued but that they would continue to service and repair them. B&H sold its remaining CPP-2s for $3400.00 a pop.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rcoda View Post
    I believe Jobo has started (will start) manufacturing again, unless something has happened since I heard that last year.
    Do you have any kind of citation for this? Jobo USA has removed the CPE-2 from their website, but they still have the CPP-2. They never marked either as end of life (that I could see), so I'm not sure if that means they're producing them.

I've been having problems with flow marks on B&W film processed in my CPE-2 and was thinking of upgrading to something that could handle the Expert drums, but I'd rather not sink that much money into a discontinued system.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sorry, I can't recall, but I remember reading about it online. Yes, the CPP-2 is still on their website. If I can remember where I read it I will post back.

Quote Originally Posted by edebill View Post
    Do you have any kind of citation for this? Jobo USA has removed the CPE-2 from their website, but they still have the CPP-2. They never marked either as end of life (that I could see), so I'm not sure if that means they're producing them.

I've been having problems with flow marks on B&W film processed in my CPE-2 and was thinking of upgrading to something that could handle the Expert drums, but I'd rather not sink that much money into a discontinued system.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I would love something as well. I need a part for my Jobo and found it in China for $6. Jobo through Omega-Satter wanted $276 for it. I mean, really. Anyway, I hope to get a couple more years out of it and will just go to using drums in tempered water and do it by hand when that time comes.

I also have a couple 12x20 BTZS tubes but when I come home with 40 sheets of 12x20 film, it's a daunting task regardless.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks to John Moore for the link to photo therm.

just got off the phone with them and the gentleman I talked to was estatic to find out about APUG.

here is the deal that I am going to try with them..

#one problem with any new system is we all have invested hundreds to thousands of dollars on reels and tanks, large and small.
    I am not interested in reinventing the wheel, basically they manufacture so if they have a bright machinist or tech person working there , modifiying the drive cog to match all our tanks, whether they are Jobo tanks or BTZ tanks I see it a one time modification for them.

I am going to talk with their tech next week, going fishing for 4 days,
    I will report back any progress.
    But for those of you reading this post , give them a call and show them the potential, don't sit back and wait , let them know it is worth their while to look at all options, price included.

For a lab like myself , I am willing to invest in two machines that will work easily with the jobo tanks, at a price they want.
    I am sure for smaller units they can modify to different budgets.

I want to replace Alt2300 and Alt 3 units so that would be one price.

I am sure if you have table top units that do not require the usage I need , as a group you may be able to negotiate something.

I am excited at this prospect , probably as much as Photo Therm must be at the potential of putting 28thousand die hard film users into their domain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin