Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,870   Posts: 1,583,309   Online: 1120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

help with omega D2 filtration

my filter wheels/dials on my D2 enlarger (color) are very stiff and hard to turn. This is a real pain when doing split grade printing.

Any suggestions on repairing this?

Thanks!
    Dorothy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Dorothy,

See if you can move the filter carriers with a finger towards the rear of the unit, they should move smoothly against the force of a spring. I had a problem in this area once and some careful cleaning solved the problem. If it's the wheel/counter assembly, a trip to ebay would probably be cheaper and easier unless you have a handy friend.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well I managed to tear it apart to see if I could clean it. I got it back together, however... now the numbers are totally off. Fortunately I have the manual so *maybe* I can get it back to zero! Yikes, right on schedule for a print request

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I admire your "derring do". Does it move more easily now?

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes it does - at least it's better - not perfect though. It slipped out of the gear the first time through but it was only a 4x5 test strip - thank goodness! So I tightened up the screw underneath after resetting everything, and compared test samples. They look the same so I guess I did ok. I wish there were an easier way (like a new enlarger) but not at this point in time.

Thanks,
    Dorothy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin