Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,518   Online: 1032

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have a laptop w/network in my darkroom - mainly for playing MP3's... but a little surfing as well in between.
    Henning Jansen
    Stavanger - Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Archival permanence and TV don't go together.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Eugene Smith had a B&W TV with a red filter in his darkroom.

I don't.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No TV. Just a cd/radio/Cassette Boombox.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't watch television but I do listen to them-Marquee Moon is one of my favourite albums.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

I guess I am the only degenerate with a TV in the DR. I feel so sorry for all the advertisers that spend big money on commercials as from what you all say I am the only one watching. How the heck do you keep up with current popular culture without watching Survivor, or increase your sensitivity without watching Oprah, or know how bad the world situation is without watching network news? ;-)

TV while printing is unworkable for several reasons even if covered with ruby lith. But, when you are sitting there waiting for the next tank agitation cycle, or sorting slides or negs, a TV can be a wonderful thing. I'd rather have a Broncos game but I'll even watch network news or Oprah.

DKT

don't feel so alone Bob...I have a little TV in my darkroom as well. I use a tabletop processor quite a bit and will sit there & watch the news while the prints run through...sometimes I leave the room altogether and come back when they're done. At work, we have 2 thomas duplex safelights in the print lab--it's so bright I can read the newspaper or do a crossword puzzle while the prints run through the processor. on 9-11 I took a TV back there & watched the news while I printed. back when I printed EP2 in a lab on kreonite processor-you'd could go out and have a smoke or get a bite to eat practically in the length of time it took to run a print. You do that all day, you get bored out of your mind...having a TV is like listening to a radio.

KT

If I had the room I'd keep a TV in the darkroom so I could at least listen to South Park and Friday/Tuesday Night Fights on ESPN.

I keep an AM/FM/Shortwave radio in the darkroom. Don't listen to shortwave as much as I used to tho'.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those with a television and do have it on while printing, what needs to be done so that it won't fog film? I'm a big fan of the television show MASH and would love to listen to the episodes while printing. I just figure if I slap enough ruby lith to pretty much obscure the light from the screen I can get away with it. I think I may also have a b&w television out in the garage I could use.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

DKT

Unless you were shooting ortho film, you're out of luck. You got the right idea for prints though, not panalure or c-prints, just b&w...rubylith would work good, amberlith probably would too. I used a scrap of a red gel I found in a Rosco pack....the TV just becomes like a safelight more or less. It doesn't matter if it's color or b&w. I use a little 5 inch b&w TV, have to get up close to it to really even see the image. I used to get so bored working with handlines all day---for awhile I would listen to books on tape while I worked. Anything to break up the monotony. Now I just listen to NPR or nothing at all. I guess it seems trashy or moronic to some, but sometimes I literally spend the entire day in the dark. I get off work & it's dark outside. I go home and work in my own darkroom and find it kind of relaxing actually to watch some dumb TV shows while I print. Guess I need too get out into the daylight some more.

BTW-- I got an old Pong game...guess I could hook it up to the TV? Or is that not analog enough for y'all...

KT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin