Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,788   Online: 837

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    I work in the darkroom to excape the TV

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This is not a sermon...

but I highly recommend to you that you get rid of your telivision set. You will find your artistic journey and the quality of your life greatly enriched.
    Try it!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Gideyup! Definitely watch tv! And a VCR in case I feel like putting on an old movie. Helps pass the time and I like being entertained while spinning those silly BTZS tubes. And always with a bottle of wine opened. Darkroom work is tedious - it is the resulting negative and print that makes it worthwhile. CD player is in there too if there is nothing good on the telly. How anyone can function with complete silence and nothing else but the sloshing sounds of liquids in the darkroom for hours on end is a mystery to me. To each his own (whatever works).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    no tv in the dark, just a radio with bad reception

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    I have a 38" HDTV direct-view TV that weighs 250lbs suspended 3 feet above my easel. I have removed my enlarger and connected the TV to my timer. TV comes off and on via footswitch. Timer is a compensating type and turns off during commercials. Exposure times are automatically calculated via an electrode in the light path. Timer has settings for:
    'talk shows', 'soaps', 'news', 'PBS', 'sports', 'poker' and 'misc'.

-Mike
    I tried that too, using Fox, but all I got was heat and no light.

Actually, the few times I have tried to listen to PRI on the radio, I found it so distracting that I turned it off after half a print. Even Beethoven seems to throw my dodging and burning rhythms off, and I don't know whose metronome to follow. Give me quiet, please.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin