Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,051   Online: 1014

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 4 pages of copied information I could scan. It would be nice if someone could put it up on the web. Send me your email address if interested. And do you need a jpg scan or a pdf file?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes, I know some of you asked for the brochure/booklet -- it's at least 12-14 pages. I haven't forgotten! But I did move house recently, so I have to dig it out. Thanks for your patience.

Shooter
    35mm
    any chance of getting a copy of this...I managed to get hold of a 65mm f3.5 Computar and would be interested in reading about it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad you mentioned lens separation. What exactly do you mean? I have a Computar 105 4.5 and the aperture ring pops down and rotates loosely. Is this a normal function of the lens or is this what you're referring to? The lens otherwise seems fine and when the aperture ring is loose the iris seems to function correctly. Thoughts?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywoodphoto View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned lens separation. What exactly do you mean? I have a Computar 105 4.5 and the aperture ring pops down and rotates loosely. Is this a normal function of the lens or is this what you're referring to? The lens otherwise seems fine and when the aperture ring is loose the iris seems to function correctly. Thoughts?
    If you unscrew the front elements there is a retaining ring that holds the aperture ring in place. Slip it back into the groove it is supposed to ride in and it will be fixed. Careful that you don't lose the ball bearing while doing so. Keep pressure on the aperture ring after you remove the front elements and don't turn the lens upside down or remove the aperture ring. One of mine does this occasionally. I takes only a minute to fix.

Nearly every Computar I have seen exhibits some separation in the rear elements. Not really worth fixing either due to the cost of it. They are great lenses though. I have three.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Robert James View Post
    If you unscrew the front elements there is a retaining ring that holds the aperture ring in place. Slip it back into the groove it is supposed to ride in and it will be fixed. Careful that you don't lose the ball bearing while doing so. Keep pressure on the aperture ring after you remove the front elements and don't turn the lens upside down or remove the aperture ring. One of mine does this occasionally. I takes only a minute to fix.

Nearly every Computar I have seen exhibits some separation in the rear elements. Not really worth fixing either due to the cost of it. They are great lenses though. I have three.
    Yay! Thank you. That fixed it right up. Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin