Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,754   Online: 927

Shooter
    35mm

Honeywell Nikor System Enlarger

Hi, i'm still looking to buy an enlarger and i'm looking for a Durst but in my searches i've found an Honeywell Nikor System 6 X 7 Photo Enlarger w/ Color head but i don't know this brand. Does anyone know anything about this enlarger? Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll also find them with several other names on them. They are a nice compact enlarger and the heads are great for easily converting 4x5 and 5x7 condenser enlargers to color. I've seen them go for anywhere between $75 and $225 in the past, probably less now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I remember, it was a reasonably good enlarger, but never achieved much popularity. If it's cheap and has all the accessories (i.e. lensboards, negative carriers) you need it might be fine. But I would not expect to easily find parts or accessories if/when you need them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know who actually made the enlarger but the same machine was available as the Nikor and Rollei brand names. Identical except for the logo.
    I'd stick to the more commonly available name brands just because accessories will be much easier to find.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alienlie View Post
    Honeywell ... Nikor ... anyone know anything about this enlarger?
    It was made my LPL, Japanese, 70's/80's.

Similar to the Omega / LPL C76 enlarger. Negative carriers interchange (?).
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been trying to find a model cross reference. I have a "saunders LPL 67D" enlarger, and when I bought it I got several carriers for it, some of which came in nikor boxes. I would like to find a 126 and a 6X4.5 (127 8 exposure) carrier for it. I found the hard way that the LPL 6700 is a different beast.

What rollei/nikor/omega models correspond to the 67D?
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They also came with the Rollei name on them. Mine says Rollei Nikor and was set up for 35mm. I took the styrofoam diffuser out and relined the chamber with thin white styrofoam so the light would be more even on a 6x7 neg. I found 6x6 and 6x7 neg carriers on eBay.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin