Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,823   Online: 974

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

Developing 2-1/4 X 3-1/4 sheets film...in what?

What do you use to develop 2-1/4 X 3-1/4 sheets film? Will it work in the Jobo 2509n reels? Or, maybe in a patterson System IV adjustable plastic reel?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will not work in a 2509n. That slot is set up for 6x9, not the same thing.

I have cut 4 tubes from flourescent tube protectors and put them in my System !V tank upright around the center column. Put the film in the tubes and develop like reel film. The film is tight enough not to move around in the tube, but loose enough to allow chemicals to reach the back of the film. Some people have made tubes from nylon screening from the hardware store. That is suppose to work quite well also. Youu cmight be able to get all 6 sheets from a grapmatic in one tank.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey Tim,

Thanks. I'm still trying to put that 2x3 negative carrier you gave me to use..

I've got some film holders and film on ordeer from Freestyle now and am looking about for a nice 2x3 Graphic...May try to build a simple box camera this weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Hey Tim,

Thanks. I'm still trying to put that 2x3 negative carrier you gave me to use..

I've got some film holders and film on ordeer from Freestyle now and am looking about for a nice 2x3 Graphic...May try to build a simple box camera this weekend.
    You're the guy from Pleasanton, yes?

Highland games this weekend!

PM me. I could lend you one for awhile. I have both a Speed and a Century. And a couple of film holders.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    You're the guy from Pleasanton, yes?

Highland games this weekend!

PM me. I could lend you one for awhile. I have both a Speed and a Century. And a couple of film holders.

tim in san jose

Yes. Your Omega D-II followed me home from work one day... I've restored the lamphose and cleaned up all the condensors and other bits....The base board is still....wanting attention however.

Scottish games..that's right! I love the bag pipes...and the drum and fife bands. Good times!

We had the "good guys" last weekend....bunch of roudy car enthusiasts...made a mess of town.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    What do you use to develop 2-1/4 X 3-1/4 sheets film?
    I use a tray, but then I only use this film size very infrequently.

Kodak made a "Kodak Adjustable Film Tank", ss tank, rubber top, ss pour spout. Has a butterfly 'reel' arrangement with a funky stainless steel loading accessory.

There is also a Nikor cut film tank that I think will take sub-4x5 sheet film
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    I use a tray, but then I only use this film size very infrequently.

Kodak made a "Kodak Adjustable Film Tank", ss tank, rubber top, ss pour spout. Has a butterfly 'reel' arrangement with a funky stainless steel loading accessory.

There is also a Nikor cut film tank that I think will take sub-4x5 sheet film

The Nikor will take 2x3 film... but I am not willing to give up my firstborn for one and that's the going price these days.

tim in san jose

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a old Honeywell/Nikkor stainless steel insert that hold 2.25x3.25 film and fits in a 120 tank. Seems to work well, except that I don't have the guide that makes loading easier. So, to avoid loading 2 sheets in one slot, I end up loading it to about 1/3 capacity.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a Fedco daylight developing tank made for 2.25X3.25 film. Picked it up on eBay. Its circular & internally spins via a shaft. Gives good results.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use the Nikor tank usually, but if it's just a few sheets, I'll use trays, and I have about five hangers for this format, so when I'm exposing for the developer I'm using in my deep tank or if I've got enough film to merit mixing up a 1 liter tank of another developer, I'll use tanks and hangers.

I've also used the rack from a Yankee tank, but in larger deep tanks. If you try this, be sure the sheets are pushed all the way into the rack, so they don't fall out.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin