Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,593   Online: 857

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My electrician uncle is coming over tonight to help me wire my darkroom. He has suggested using a lighted light switch for my view lights. that slight orange won't cause problems with black and white work will it? Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If the light switch is typical of those that I have experience with it should not present a problem unless you hold the film very near to it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Probably not.
    I have both a "switch strip" with 4 - 5 (?) outlets and a lighted switch; and the lights from both the control panel of the Omega D5500 and the ColorStar 3000 going all the time, and have had *no* problems.
    An idea - set an exposure meter to the highest possible film speed and slowest possible shutter speed or the largest possible aperture and see if you get a reading.
    I've analyzed "ambient" light (dark processing conditions) nothing but said indicator lights - with the ColorStar - reading to a maximum of 999 seconds, and get only an "overflow" (actually the reverse - an indication of "not enough light to get *any* reading), a blinking display.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could try sticking some red tissue paper/cellophane over the light-that should stop any photons getting where they shouldn't be.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin