Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,506   Online: 700

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    SDS is in Witney, Oxfordshire. Not a million miles from Gloucester. I'd be tempted to travel there and have a look. As I said, it's pretty good on consumables so even if you decide it's not for you on hardware, the trip wouldn't be wasted and you could offset travel cost against the p&p.

You can learn a lot from a face to face meeting with a stockist. Not sure if it caters for walk in off the street unannounced customers so might be sensible to arrange to go by phone contact first.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own and use both, and as long as the plastic is in good shape, doesn't matter. However, the metal would be my preference just because it seems to be better made.

As for as dropping, seems like there is a epidemic of clumsiness now a days, bottles, tanks, cameras, lens. Not that I never drop anything but its never been a big problem for me anyway.

Anything fragile, I work over a table, bench, sink, or whatever so nothing would go to far. Also have some 1 inch soft rubber pads a friend gave me, anything critical, I use them as needed.

Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    SDS is in Witney, Oxfordshire. Not a million miles from Gloucester. I'd be tempted to travel there and have a look. As I said, it's pretty good on consumables so even if you decide it's not for you on hardware, the trip wouldn't be wasted and you could offset travel cost against the p&p.

You can learn a lot from a face to face meeting with a stockist. Not sure if it caters for walk in off the street unannounced customers so might be sensible to arrange to go by phone contact first.

pentaxuser
    It does say showroom open weekdays Only takes 1hour to get there. Could drop them an e-mail sometime soon asking about collecting stuff. I didn't know they were only that close!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I concur with what people have said about mxv and SHD. Never had a problem with them. I also found that www.ffordes.co.uk was useful and friendly. RK photographic also has been very useful. They don't have a used section, but RK will try and track things down for you if you send an email.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Shame RK photographic don't sell the reels as they have tanks!! Dam!! Ffordes don't have any tanks, I had a look before

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have metal tanks with metal lids, and plastic tanks with plastic lids, and metal tanks with plastic lids.

I find I can switch the plastic lids between tanks (metal or plastic), but need to keep the metal lids matched to the right tank.

My sense (without any hard evidence to back it) is that the metal lids leak slightly more than the plastic when inverted, but both leak very, very little.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers for that tip MattKing

Why can't one website just sell both things!!! Bit of joke really but what can you do, order from two different sites I guess

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Yes, the real differences between the Nikor/Honeywell-Nikor and the Patterson type developing tanks are minimal. I have both also.

The comments about the 35 mm reels being difficult to load may not be as much of a problem as described. One point is to have the reels and the film dry when pushing the film into the wire channel.

There may be some additional comments in a couple of days. I need to check something first.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You push the film onto a wire spiral reel? You're supposed to wind it from the inside out, or am I missing something here?
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    came across this german supplier the other day. You can get new tanks and hewes reels from them. Not cheap though...

http://www.monochrom.com/cc/monoc/sh...543&text=XX415

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin