Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,991   Online: 834

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryrig View Post
    Cheers for that tip MattKing

Why can't one website just sell both things!!! Bit of joke really but what can you do, order from two different sites I guess
    Can't be sure as Iwasn't looking for a tank and reel and was simply browsing but I thought I saw a metal tank plus reel on UK e-bay. If the seller has 100% rating and given the nature of a metal tank and reel i.e. not a lot to go wrong, it might be worth a look see on the famous bay if none of the usual suspects have one or you don't like their prices.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Retrophotographic sell steel reels and tanks. I bought a Hewes reel and a Kindermann tank and haven't looked back since.
    Rhys

Shooter
    Medium Format
    However I sent them an e-mail and they don't have the 120 tank size, they don't sell them any more.

Also thanks for the heads up pentaxuser, I was watching some tanks on Thursday however they went for £52 in the end, with reels and stuff. Way more than what I want to spend really, seeing as you get new for cheaper!!!

ITD
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi, Calumet in the UK have tanks and reels listed: http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/Film:+...ing+Equipment/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk have 120 reels for 4.95.

One thing I find nowadays is that you have to be patient and source bits and pieces from several stockists.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Cheers for those links guys.

Thats where I'd buy the stuff from I guess. Also 2nd Hand Darkroom is quite close to be to be fair so I dropped them an e-mail say do they have the reels in stock (Yes they do, both 35mm and 120) and could I come in and order that way (Yes if you e-mail when you think you'd come in, time and date)

So I guess I'll have to start writing out my birthday list haha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you get to handle the things before you buy check the fit of the lids etc. With S/S tanks it can sometimes be a bit of a battle to get the lid off when your hands are wet and the tank is full of chemicals! Also I'd recommend the spirals with a spring clip in the centre rather than any other type – I find them easier to load (mine are Nikor).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You don't have any which you want to get rid of??

The difference is the black plastic will eventually split center to edge ruining your film. It is also much harder to put on.

For best results, drop the loaded reel in the full tank of developer rather than pour in. Then the stainless cap is added with one motion with the other hand. I have Nikor tanks for 50 years and just bought a new one for "just in case." Some cheap Japanese copies were made, but they did not use 316 stainless and were prone to rust.

The rest pale in functionality and durability, but they all work if you learn the quirks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin