Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,431   Online: 973

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for all your advice. Firstcall in the UK still do parts for Jobos and sell the new cpe2 and cpp2 units. I have bought a couple of parts from them recently (rollers and such). They also have spare parts for LPL enlargers which I have taken advantage of. More useful even is the fact that when you call them they actually know what you are talking about...

I think I will look for a used cpa2+lift. I agree the the cpp2 seems a lot of extra cash for little gain over the cpa2.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CCOS View Post
    Well, almost same "problem" herre, having a CPE2 the bought as used and not knowing how long it will last, I looking into building one my self.
    I will use a old printermotor, a stepmotor a simpel driver to control it an haveing total control of the motor( direktion, speed, time) from the PC. Also include a waterpump for circulation and a more exact temp. and a heating element that can be controled hopefully from the PC.
    I'll be useing the attatchment to the JOBO drums from the Old.
    Found that a new or old is to expencive... and like the challenge to build a my own.

Jesper
    Good luck with this project. Please keep us posted of progress.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to have a CPA2, and when it died I got a CPP2. The CPP2 has an advantage if you change temperatures, but if you always process at the same temperature the CPA2 works fine, once you get it adjusted. I drilled a hole near the well that holds the graduates so I could insert a dial type thermometer into the water bath. It made adjustment a lot easier. The CPP2 dials give fairly accurate and very consistent adjustments, although you should check the temperature with a thermometer when you set the machine up, just to make sure it works right and to know the offset, if any. The only advantage of the CPA over the CPE was size - it could take big drums for big prints. The lift mechanism is always optional. It is a convenience, but the handle is weak and breaks easily. With a broken handle, the lift becomes difficult.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    I used to have a CPA2, and when it died I got a CPP2. The CPP2 has an advantage if you change temperatures, but if you always process at the same temperature the CPA2 works fine, once you get it adjusted. I drilled a hole near the well that holds the graduates so I could insert a dial type thermometer into the water bath. It made adjustment a lot easier. The CPP2 dials give fairly accurate and very consistent adjustments, although you should check the temperature with a thermometer when you set the machine up, just to make sure it works right and to know the offset, if any. The only advantage of the CPA over the CPE was size - it could take big drums for big prints. The lift mechanism is always optional. It is a convenience, but the handle is weak and breaks easily. With a broken handle, the lift becomes difficult.
    Not the handle with mine (CPA machine), but the mechanism inside - sounds like a stripped gear - handle won't return to position.

Going to rip into it this pm and see what I can find in there.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy."

Benjamin Franklin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wasn't Jobo going to restart manufacturing the CPP2? Or did I dream it? Someone straighten me out, please! I feel stupid calling Omega-Satter...

Shooter
    35mm

jobo cpe-2 roller

I bought a used Jobo CPE-2 that came without rollers. If you decide to scrap yours, I would offer to buy the rollers. I could use a lift as well. Thanks.
    Ted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by docted View Post
    I bought a used Jobo CPE-2 that came without rollers. If you decide to scrap yours, I would offer to buy the rollers. I could use a lift as well. Thanks.
    Ted
    Here is one way to get the rollers:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...for_Combo.html

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ted
    My Jobo is actually still running so I haven't replaced it yet.

You can buy new rollers fairly cheaply. That's what I did as mine came with the wrong size for the tanks I use.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks everyone. The rollers at B&H cost $49 (US), plus $30 shipping to Canada, plus exchange rate. In total it would cost over $100 (CDN) which I think is a bit high for a pair of plastic wheels.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone. The rollers at B&H cost $49 (US), plus $30 shipping to Canada, plus exchange rate. In total it would cost over $100 (CDN) which I think is a bit high for a pair of plastic wheels.
    Ouch :o . I don't remember mine costing that much, but to be honest I can't remember now exactly how much they were.
    Mark Tomlinson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin