Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,632   Online: 969

How do you think i could get my school to get a small cheap B&W darkeroom for the school newspaper. they hated haveing a middle man in the print lab and they dont like the battery usage in digital cameras (they have a 2.1 MP).?
    paintball+Hiking+rock climbing+ photography- the crazy things you see or hear out night photograping= a great time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    well, basically all you would need is some closet space, an exhaust fan, and some enlarging equipment. You could probably find a complete package on ebay going cheap. Most school papers are probably going digital now, since the print quality is not the best in these papers the originals don't need to be that great.. My high school offered basic photography classses so had a small darkroom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd put an add in the local paper. A lot of people have old darkrooms that are no longer used and would probably be willing to donate it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well if they have a problem with battery usage as a cost concern then they shouldn't be getting into a darkroom.

You can pick up an old enlarger for real cheap on eBay or maybe a yardsale in your town. But then they have to keep purchasing expendables like paper, chemicals, film etc.

When they sit down and do the math I'm sure a good set of rechargables and a charger will be a lot cheaper for them in the long run.

Maybe not as much fun for you tho. I sit in front of a computer all day, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of it at night playing with PhotoShop.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin