Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,137   Online: 1090

Shooter
    35mm

What to look for in a used enlarger?

I found a Beseler 67c for next to nothing. I haven't used a darkroom since just after the Jurassic period. But I am very excited by the thought of returning to it. Can anyone suggest points to check when I go and look at it?

Thank you for your time.

Images
    Good Morning, Jim,

Structural stability and lack of obvious damage are basic. Take a small level. Put the enlarger on a level surface and check the negative stage and, if possible, the lensboard for parallel with the baseboard. Check the condenser lenses (any damage should be very obvious); make sure the electrical connection is sound, although that would probably be a very simple repair if not. An enlarger as simple as the 67C has everything pretty much out in the open; it doesn't take much to see if it's faulty.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Konical

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Also, on the back of the door that slides up there is a diagram of how the condensers should be positioned.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin