Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,194   Online: 709

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I agree Jerold, but....

1. Jobos are no longer made and support is difficult. I have 2 of them! (before you comment)
    It depends what you understand of support.
    When Jobo announced to stop the production of their processors the same time they announced to keep spares available.

The processors CPP2 and ATL1500 are even still on offer. Thus, I guess there are still spares.

(Short before that announcement they still had a HUGE pdf-list of spare parts, though at the moment I can't find it anymore. There are only a few spares on their website now.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    It depends what you understand of support.
    When Jobo announced to stop the production of their processors the same time they announced to keep spares available.

The processors CPP2 and ATL1500 are even still on offer. Thus, I guess there are still spares.

(Short before that announcement they still had a HUGE pdf-list of spare parts, though at the moment I can't find it anymore. There are only a few spares on their website now.)
    And...... That is just confirming my point.

I'm not going to bet on them being around for me or anyone I know that may need them. Getting parts for them even 5 - 10 years ago was difficult here in the US. I've tried. And, over 20 years ago, a relative went into a frustrating loop with them sending the wrong parts over and over, even with a brand new unit which came out of the box packed wrong.

PE

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This may be a problem of regional service as the service contractor for Europe confirmed to have sufficient stock of spares.

But nevertheless it's good to learn about your experience with Jobo, PE and your hint at keeping a 2nd unit.
    Last edited by AgX; 09-23-2008 at 09:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Phototherm in New Jersy is currently making Sidekicks that will fit the bill for the OP .
    They are making modifications for me to do some pretty cool neg processing and they would be able to make drums for prints without breaking a sweat.

I one two Jobos, and have two in parts and I am holding my breath each time we process not to have any breakdowns.
    Getting parts from Europe is not a good solution for us as we depend on the machines and timely repair.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As for water suppy I used to have a Powers at the start, then got another type I can't remember the name of then settled on an Intellifaucet due to it's accuracy and long periods between maintenance due to the teflon seals. I use a Photo-Therm water bath for all my color film processes and I'm pretty satisfied with the results.
    Gary Beasley

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin