Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 979

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Film/Print Processor

Are there any processors that can do E-6 film, Ilforchrome, B&W reversal, and cross processing (eg. EIR in C-41)? 35mm to at least 4x5 film (8x10 would be better). Prints/Ilfochromes are much less important to me than film (I'm evil and I scan all of my film, anyway), and I will probably like to print large...(14x17 is probably the largest I would ever print, but 20x30 would be awesome.)

So, what kind of processors would be able to handle the above? I ask, because I do NOT trust myself being able to do anything more complex than B&W negatives and prints myself. That may just be self-doubt on my part, but I just do not see me being able to handel E-6 or Ilfochromes. I just want to try and bring all my processing in-house.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have 8x10 stainless steel tanks, you can do 8x10 prints, film, 4x5s, and 120 and 35mm all in the same equipment. By having extra tanks you can mix and match to have one sink line do B&W, reversal color and color neg along with prints. BTDT.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm worried about keeping the temperatures accurate. How do I keep the temperatures constant if I can't continually heat the solution in the tanks?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you thought of placing your tank/s in a water bath. Then you only have to worry about the temperature in one tank and temperature change would be slower because of the larger volume. I had a set of 1 gallon stainless tanks which came with a tank which held them all. A sheet of 1" foam around the outside helped a lot as well.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used a 6" deep sink or bath with a 6" standpipe. It will allow 2" of the 8" tank to be above the solution, but agitation will keep the temperature uniform.

I have 2 standpipes for different size tanks, trays and whatnot.

AAMOF, you can probably use one bleach for all color process and one fix for all color processes. This would reduce the number of tanks you really need.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    Are there any processors that can do E-6 film, Ilforchrome, B&W reversal, and cross processing (eg. EIR in C-41)? 35mm to at least 4x5 film (8x10 would be better). Prints/Ilfochromes are much less important to me than film (I'm evil and I scan all of my film, anyway), and I will probably like to print large...(14x17 is probably the largest I would ever print, but 20x30 would be awesome.)

So, what kind of processors would be able to handle the above? I ask, because I do NOT trust myself being able to do anything more complex than B&W negatives and prints myself. That may just be self-doubt on my part, but I just do not see me being able to handel E-6 or Ilfochromes. I just want to try and bring all my processing in-house.

Thanks!
    Jobo CPP, CPA or CPE can handle film and paper, at least up to 4z5 with film and 16x20 with paper.

Jobo made tempering baths also.

As for film only there some small table top processors such as photo-therm side-kick, I picked on up on eBay recently but had had the chance to really use it yet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ron, I'm not that informed on darkroom equipment (I haven't even been in one in 3-4 years, but I remember the basics)...How do I make sure that I am getting the correct temp. out of the faucet? Are there temperature-controlled ones? (Sometimes my water temp fluctuates wildly, so I can't simply fiddle with the faucet until I measure 60C or whatever and leave it. Actually, my water usually gets hotter as time progresses, such as when I'm taking a shower or cleaning veggies or whatever.)

As-per a sink, did you buy one (plastic or metal or whatever) or did you build one (laminated particle board?)? I'm still pretty much planning my darkroom setup at the moment, before I start "construction."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Powers and a number of other companies make controllers from about $100 - $1000, but I used to control temperature with a common tap when I started color a long time ago. Run the temp up to 102 and start. By the end of the process it will be about 98 and the average is 100. This works.

I have a metal sink but you can buy standpipes in any hardware store and they fit all drains.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A Jobo is the only thing that will do everything that you want. A Jobo CPP with a variety of drums and reels is the ticket. Monitor Ebay. These units are always available, no longer made, and command somewhat of a premium. They have a water bath to control temperature, rotate the film/paper in a drum in the water bath to control agitation, and have a mechanism (the "Lift") which allows you to add/remove chemicals in a light-tight fashion so you can work in daylight once the drums are loaded.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree Jerold, but....

1. Jobos are no longer made and support is difficult. I have 2 of them! (before you comment)

2. What I suggest is easy and inexpensive.

3. There are other options too.

PE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin